Monday, October 13, 2008

Perjury, Purgery

Perjury, perjury,
  You lay your head on my breast and I breathe your words,
  I exhale your foul meanderings upon guilty and innocent alike,
  Yet, I stand in judgment over the sinner as my vile tongue
  Spouts your insanities as though they were judicious wisdoms.

Purjury, purjury,
  I am the judge, but I'm the judger, but I'm the judged,
  You are the Sinless to be sinned upon, sinned against
  by my own judgements and pronouncements of guilt,
  I am a fool, assaulted by my own folly; the victim of my own judgment.

Purgery, purgery,
  You change me.  You soften my heart with love.
  You make me what I could be, even though I'm not.
  All of the guilt I pronounced to others was pronounced upon me,
  But You absolve me of those crimes; You purge me of my iniquitus judging.

3 comments:

  1. One of your best yet. I love it.

    But what is "Purjury" in part the second?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's progressive mis-spelling from perjury as it declines into purgery. It's a wee bit abstract, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, a progressive mis-spelling? I didn't think of that. I like it.

    ReplyDelete